Huskers Recruiting Class 2015 Video by TWC (Time Warner Cable) Sports Channel with recruiting analysis, February 8, 2015, Nebraska Football on Demand, Nebraska Cornhuskers 2015 Recruiting Class.
Here are the recruits - with some links and some descriptive adjectives taken from the various sources, by no means comprehensive, but mostly given to serve as starters for those wishing to look at the class more closely online.
- Devine Ozigbo - RB - 5'11" 220 to 230 lbs. - Devine, a divine running back
- Stanley Morgan - WR - 6'0" 185 lbs. - absolute top hands, won the Nola.com "catch of the year award"
- Lavan Alston - WR - 5'11" 173 - highly recruited elsewhere, blazing speed
- Matt Snyder - TE - 6'5" 245 - impressive player - "Hidden Gem Award Winner", also recruited by the University of Michigan
- Christian Gaylord - OL - 6'7" 290 - "Big Chris", strong physical player, many offers including Ohio State
- Jalin Barnett - OL - 6'4" 315 - imposing size and presence, had offers inter alia from Arkansas, Alabama, Oklahoma
- Michael Decker - OL - 6'4" 288 - smart, dominating player (Decker & Neal were ranked 2nd & 1st by Rivals.com as 2015 Nebraska State prospects)
- Jordan Ober - long snapper - 6'1" 185 - 5-star snapper from Vegas
- Daishon Neal - DE - 6'7 245 - solid, physically strong (Neal and Decker were ranked 1st & 2nd by Rivals.com as 2015 Nebraska State prospects)
- Carlos Davis - DT - 6'3 270 - defensive "franchise player"
(these two Davis's are twins)
- Kahlil Davis - DT - 6'2 265 - defensive "franchise player"
- Alex Davis - DE - 6'5 225 - multiple sports athlete, great potential
- Dedrick Young - RB/LB - 6'1 220 top athlete
- Tyrin Ferguson - LB - 6'2 210 - athlete, follows coaches from Oregon State
- Mohamed Barry - LB - 6'1 210 - fast, tough, pass defender, tackler
- Adrienne Talan - LB -6'1 205 - key playmaker
- Aaron Williams - Safety - 6'0" 185 - hard hitter, versatile, many offers including Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Notre Dame
- Eric Lee - DB Cornerback - 5'11 184 - coverage talent - "Instant Impact Award Winner", number 1 prospect out of Colorado, a future NFL back?
- Avery Anderson - Cornerback 6'0" 170 - fast, versatile, with Eric Lee the top two corners out of Colorado according to Rivals.com
- Antonio Reed - Athlete as LB or SS - 6'2 200 - a real "steal"
It looks to us like one emphasis in recruiting was on top athletes, somewhat similar to the successful recruitment of athletes at Michigan State. Well, it was Michigan States's Duffy Daugherty who recommended then Wyoming's Bob Devaney to then Chancellor Clifford Hardin. Then Devaney was followed by Tom Osborne and the rest is history, so that an emphasis on top athletes with an athletic "sync" between Nebraska and Michigan State fits the picture.